Tuesday, December 4, 2012

An Old Fashioned Christmas!





 


I hear a knock and sure enough, there's my trusty milk delivery...ahhh nothing like fresh milk in the bottle!

But before I can get out of bed and touch my feet to the floor, my husband surprises me with coffee in bed, even with a small votive of flowers and a local paper!!!!! (remember this is a dream)


Before long we have all gathered around the tree and spend the next few hours, opening up each others gifts, reminiscing about past holidays and just lounging in our pjs while the snow continues to pile up outside.
I start preparing our special Christmas dinner and all kinds of wonderful scents permeate the air......

Breakfast is casual and country but delicious (robes are welcome)!


After breakfast we spend a few hours in the kitchen baking delectable pretty Christmas cookies that look almost too good to eat! Almost being the key word :)


After taking a long afternoon walk in the cold wintry air, we head back for our Christmas early dinner, as we are heading home, snow starts gently falling once again......

Before long we are sitting down to a wonderful country Christmas dinner, with a roaring fire as our backdrop, softly playing carols filling the air, all the while ensconced in our beautiful cozy home while the snow rages on outside.......
J. Hobick

After feasting on all of our tried and true holiday dinner staples until we literally cannot move a muscle...we all head into our own cozy nooks of the house to "recuperate", mine is my bedroom where a large roaring fire welcomes me and lulls me to a much anticipated snooze..........

Of course the perfect ending to a perfect day is sneaking into the kitchen for a few yummy bites of leftovers.....

I take one last lingering look outside my window to take it all in and hope to keep a little of the magic with me as we head back home tomorrow and out of the corner of my eye, you will never guess who I see........

Thank you for joining me on my fantasy Christmas day! Hope you enjoyed it....ho ho ho!
The Enchanted Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to sell your home